Frequently Asked Questions

No. Landmark Company does not charge an application fee.

Yes. There is a secure drop box at our office in Eau Claire.

A lease is a legal contract which is enforceable for the lease term. You should review your lease for the conditions that apply. For members of the military, Section 535 of the Service Member Civil Relief Act allows a military member to terminate a lease under certain circumstances.

The move-out guidelines are attached to your lease. We encourage you to consult these guidelines as you prepare to vacate your apartment to avoid charges to your security deposit.

In most cases, no, but there are exceptions. Assistance animals are permitted in all Landmark Company apartments. In addition, Landmark Company will make reasonable accommodations for disabled tenants, as long as the accommodations don’t impose undue hardship on the operation of the property. Tenants in subsidized housing for the elderly or handicapped are allowed by law to own pets, although certain regulations and restrictions apply and you should consult the project pet policy.

Rent is due on the first day of the month and is payable in advance.

In Wisconsin, a landlord has 21 days after the end of a lease to either return a tenant’s security deposit or provide an itemized list of deductions.

Section 8, also known as the Housing Choice Voucher Program, is a Federal housing program which provides housing assistance to low-income renters. This assistance comes in the form of rental subsidies to limit the monthly rent payment of the assistance recipient.

Landmark Company provides project-based vouchers which are attached to a particular property. If you live in a unit with a project-based voucher and you move, the Section 8 stays with the property and the next tenant uses the voucher. Eau Claire County (and other governmental agencies) provide tenant-based vouchers, which a tenant can take with them when they move if the apartment they wish to rent accepts Section 8 and meets the standards of the Section 8 program.

Yes, in most cases. The governmental entity that provides the tenant-based voucher must usually inspect the apartment to confirm that it meets the standards of the Section 8 program.

No, we do not manage any single family homes.